- To set up the prep area stations for the various meal periods according to performance standard.
- To prepare food items according to the standard recipes in the outlet manual.
- To minimize waste of all food items.
- To collect food requisitions from the commissary area as directed.
- To breakdown prep area stations at the end of meal periods and store the food away properly.
- To insure and maintain in the kitchen a high level of cleanness at all time and adhere to all laws and regulations concerning hygiene.
- To work in any section of the kitchen when necessary or as requested by the F&B Manager.
- To became familiar with all sections of the kitchen to facilitate the flexible use of employees.
- To store food items properly in the fridge and keep it tidy and clean at all time.
- To brief the incoming shift.
- To clean and arrange working area before leaving.
- To report if stock is low or items are missing.
- To prepare and check the food before the service.
- To make sure the prep area is completed on time.
- To report if leaving the working area.
- Undertake limited technical duties and/or repair under supervision.
- Ensure optimum operation and minimal down time by reporting any malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of kitchen equipment operation.
- Responsible and accountable for all keys issued to him whilst on duty
- Must not carry out major technical repairs.
- To ensure high standards of workmanship and enforce the procedures, rules and policies of the department and the company.
- To help training new staff in all procedures as required or directed by superiors.