Cage Cashier - full-time (Nights)
Job title: Cage Cashier
Place of work: Cage areas
Scope and general purpose of job: The Cage Cashier is responsible for the handling and the balancing of all monies under his/her responsibility. He/she must serve the customers according to the highest standards of efficiency and customer service, in accordance with the procedures and policies of the property.
Responsible to: Cage Supervisors & Cage Manager
- Punctuality: to report for duty 15 minutes before the commencement of the shift.
- Attendance: to maintain the correct level of attendance. Continuous absenteeism will not be tolerated as it affects colleagues and the whole operation.
- Appearance: to maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene at all times in accordance with the procedures and the requirements of the company.
- Cooperation: to cooperate with staff, colleagues, and superiors at all times.
- Communication: to communicate constantly with Cage Supervisor, other departmental staff, other supervisors, managers, and superiors with regard to matters arising on the floor.
- Security: to maintain close surveillance over the cage area in order to detect any irregularities on the equipment, patrons, or staff, and any potentially dangerous situations, and report such matters to security and management.
- To assist in floor duties when required.
- To have a complete understanding of the property’s employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within.
- To exchange vouchers for cash in a discreet and diligent manner.
- To be alert for any forged currency and/or vouchers.
- To balance all monies under his/her responsibilities and prepare reconciliation reports accordingly.
- To ensure at all times that the cash inventory is well secured.
- Undertake limited technical duties under supervision.
- Ensure optimum operation and minimal down time by reporting any malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of cage equipment operation.
- Responsible and accountable for all keys issued to him/her whilst on duty.
- Must not carry out major technical repairs.
- To ensure high standards of workmanship and enforce the procedures, rules, and policies of the department and the company.
- To help train new cashiers in all procedures as required or directed by supervisors.
- To have a complete knowledge of facilities available to customers.
- To be polite at all times and pay attention to customer’s needs.
- Create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- To diplomatically deal with floor issues when requested.
To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.