JOB SUMMARY: The Counter Attendant performs guest transactions, general cleaning, stocking of supplies and merchandise and delivery of products to the guest in a friendly and professional manner. Consistently ensures the cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards.
SCOPE: The Counter Attendant enhances the guest experience by providing exceptional guest service in a flexible working environment. The Counter Attendant is trained to perform duties in Lucky’s Diner, KD Café and the Gift Shop/Smoke Shop. During a shift, the Counter Attendant may be assigned to one specific area and/or work multiple areas based on business needs.
- Greet all guests in a friendly and approachable manner.
- Operates a cash register and receives payment from guests in cash, gift card or comp.
- Accurately counts and provides change to guests as required.
- Adheres to all cash handling and comp policies and procedures.
- Restocks supplies and merchandise as needed throughout the shift.
- Identifies opportunities to upsell and influences guest’s decisions through product knowledge and enthusiasm for the sale.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Reports any maintenance or safety concerns to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Provide support to fellow team members through sharing of knowledge, helping to complete tasks and/or assisting in guest interactions.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, flexible, and high-volume environment.
- To provide BIG Service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction, inclusive of greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset.
- The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors.
- The ability and willingness to ensure that work activities are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- The ability to work safely. This includes clearly understanding and following company safety policies and procedures, completing work in a safe manner, caring about safety of self and others, responding appropriately in an emergency, and reporting unsafe conditions.
- Maintain regular attendance at scheduled shift and staff meetings
- Maintain professionalism and a friendly and approachable demeanor throughout the shift.
- Assist with training/mentoring of new team members as requested.
- Maintain all appearance standards in accordance with established uniform and appearance guidelines.
- Inform manager on duty of any irregularities and unusual situations when they occur.
- Ability to keep a friendly, calm, and helpful demeanor in high-stress situations and a continuously fast-paced environment.
- Is honest in all interactions and displays a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervisor or as part of a team is required.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
Food & Beverage:
- Accurately take food and beverage orders from guests.
- Knowledgeable about menu offerings and able to answer guest’s inquiries.
- Assists with a variety of dining outlet functions to include bussing and cleaning of tables, delivering and presenting food to guests.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of all food products and ensure all products are properly rotated.
- Receives inventory, moves, and lifts product and places items in the appropriate location or storage areas.
- Ensures proper food handling and product procedures are followed to include wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating, and checking temperature of products as required.
- Report any product or stock needs immediately to kitchen management.
- Safely use all kitchen equipment, cleaning, and sanitizing products in accordance with all MSDS sheets and departmental standards.
Gift Shop/Smoke Shop:
- Greet and offer your assistance to each guest as they enter the retail area throughout the shift.
- Drive loyalty by being knowledgeable about all player’s club point redemption criteria and other discount programs and consistently inform guests of each program.
- Introduce guests to new merchandise or seasonal items to encourage sales and build loyalty to the outlet.
- Maintain company standards of neat, clean, and organized sales floor, and stockroom to ensure the store environment is safe and presentable for team members and guests.
- Ensure returned merchandise is restocked to the correct product location on the sales floor; all damaged and defective merchandise is properly labeled and placed in appropriate area at the end of each shift.
- Utilize inventory system to check product in and out of outlet inventory/stock.
- Report inventory needs or “out of stock” items immediately to management.
- Maintains all state compliance regulations for identification guidelines, for the sale of tobacco and alcohol products to include internal product handling and security procedures.
- Assist in opening and closing procedures in accordance with company guidelines and as directed by management.
- Safely use all equipment, cleaning, and sanitizing products in accordance with all MSDS sheets and departmental standards.
KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS: Must demonstrate friendliness and professionalism in all interactions. Highly motivated, self-directed and an organized approach to the role is key. Adapts and thrives in a fast paced and flexible environment. Must possess the ability to problem solve and address guest concerns through effective communication skills. Demonstrates good judgement to include seeking management’s assistance as needed.
OTHER DUTIES: The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time to include special projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred.
- Internal candidates must have been in their current position for at least six months and have no active disciplinary action during the last six months.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, this includes day, swing, late-night, weekend, and holiday shifts as scheduled.
- Must be able to obtain required work cards, and non-gaming registration as required by the local jurisdiction.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move in and around the work area throughout the entire workday.
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to repeat the same movements.
- Must be able to engage and interact with all guests appropriately and work well under the pressure of a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to successfully communicate on a regular basis with all co-workers, vendors, and guests both in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to answer all inquiries and provide assistance and information in a professional and accurate manner.
- Must be able to access and interpret information on computer screens.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist, balance, and work the entire property; to include the ability to tolerate changes in temperature, frequent immersion of hands in water, cleaning, and sanitizing solutions.
- Must be able to work in environment where smoking is permitted and can be loud with guest chatter, overhead music, and live entertainment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must possess the manual dexterity to operate a variety of cleaning equipment and tools requiring the ability to grab, grip, hold, pour, tear, cut, sort and reach.
- Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols and eye hand coordination.