PROPERTY: The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs
REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage
WHO WE ARE
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs is Kentucky’s premier entertainment destination. The Mint takes pride in giving guests a one-of-a-kind gaming experience, with over 1000 all-new gaming machines, center bar, high-limit room, live horse-racing, simulcast betting, dining and more to come as we expand! The Mint Gaming Hall offers excellent service, fun, and entertainment, located just across the Kentucky state line outside of Nashville off I-65. Join our team and let’s grow together!
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Cleans dishes from the diner
- Cleans and stocks kitchen area
- Assists with a variety of kitchen-related functions as needed
- Cleans and sanitizes workstation and equipment.
Qualifications/Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1.Must be at least 18 years old
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to preform normal job functions
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move in and around the work area throughout the entire workday.
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to repeat the same movements.
- Must be able to engage and interact with all guests appropriately and work well under the pressure of a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to successfully communicate on a regular basis with all co-workers, vendors, and guests both in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to answer all inquiries and provide assistance and information in a professional and accurate manner.
- Must be able to access and interpret information on computer screens.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist, balance, and work at a bar; to include ability to tolerate changes in temperature, frequent immersion of hands in water, cleaning, and sanitizing solutions.
- Must be able to work in environment where smoking is permitted and can be loud with guest chatter, overhead music, and live entertainment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must possess the manual dexterity to operate the following equipment:
- Point of sale, glasswasher, mixing utensils and other bar related equipment.
- Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols and eye hand coordination.
The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.