Job title: Host/Cashier
Place of work: Restaurant
Scope and general purpose of job: To handle table reservations and effectively control the flow of guests. To provide a warm smile and friendly welcome, leading guests and seating them at the table and to answer the telephone.
F&B Assistant Manager
- Punctuality to report for duty 15 minutes before the commencement of the shift.
- Attendance: to maintain the correct level of attendance. Continuous absenteeism will not be tolerated as it affects colleagues and the whole operation.
- Appearance: to maintain a high standard of appearance and personnel hygiene maintained at all times in accordance with the procedures and the requirements of the company.
- Cooperation: to cooperate with staff, colleagues and superiors at all times.
- Communication: to communicate constantly with F&B Supervisor, other departmental staff, other supervisors, managers and superiors with regard to matters arising on the floor.
- Security: to maintain close surveillance over the F&B area in order to detect any irregularities of the equipment, patrons, or staff and any potentially dangerous situations, and report such matters to security and management.
- To assist in floor duties when required.
- To have a complete understanding of the Property’s employee handbook and adhere to the regulation contained within.
- To make table reservations and effectively control the flow of guests in the restaurant ensuring maximum turnover.
- Ensure sufficient number of menus at all times and that they are clean and in good conditions.
- Greet all patrons with a warm smile and friendly welcome to the restaurant.
- Determine how many are in the party.
- To lead guests to the tables and seat them only if the table is fully setup, make light conversation
- Show guests to their seats and pull chairs out for the ladies.
- Open menus for each guest when presenting.
- To inform the guest of any specials of the day, including the soup of the day. As well as having a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu.
- Inform the patron who will be their server and then inform server that guests have been seated in their section.
- Make sure that the server approaches the guests within 2 minutes of seating.
- Periodically walk through and see that all patrons are satisfied and if they need anything bring to servers attention
- Be attentive at all times to guest needs. Look for facial expressions that would be a red flag that something may be wrong.
- To assist the servers handling guest complains, requests inquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To assist in the operation by helping the servers if necessary.
- When guests are leaving ask how everything was and thank guests for dining with us at the restaurant and please come again.
- To maintain and update the restaurant server section layouts
- To maintain a legible and up to date reservation book.
- To assist the F&B manager or supervisor in occasional administrative duties.
- Ensure that the hostess desk and other areas of the restaurant are kept clean and organized at all times.
- Undertake limited technical duties and/or repairs under supervision.
- Ensure optimum operation and minimal down time by reporting any malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of F&B equipment operation.
- Responsible and accountable for all keys issued to him whilst on duty
- Must not carry out major technical repairs.
- To ensure high standards of workmanship and enforce the procedures, rules and policies of the department and the company.
- To help training new bartenders in all procedures as required or directed by superiors.
- To establish and maintain a good customer relationship.
- To receive guest feedback, monitor guest satisfaction and inform the F&B manager of any issue.
- To have a complete knowledge of property amenities available to customers.
- At all times to be polite and pay attention to customers’ needs.
- Create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- To diplomatically deal with issues when requested.
- Answer promptly any calls for assistance from customers and assist them in any way possible.
- Deal with customer disputes and complaints in a diplomatic and professional manner and refer any unsettled disputes to the F&B Supervisor and F&B Manager.