JOB SUMMARY: The Human Resources Recruiter is responsible for identifying and recruiting qualified applicants for vacant positions within the organization. Builds relationships with hiring managers, acting as the Human Resources liaison to meet established goals. Performs special assignments/projects and related duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Meeting hiring goals by filling open positions in a timely manner with talented and qualified candidates. This entails sourcing, screening, coordinating the interview process, supporting the hiring manager in the interview and offer process. Collaborating with management and the HR Manager to prepare the offer letter. Ensure the process is a pleasant experience that is representative of the company’s mission, vision, and values.
• Administers all staffing efforts to include maintenance of job descriptions, recruitment, application process, interview, and applicant screening.
• Greets, recruits and interviews qualified applicants daily.
• Will coordinate with department leaders to ensure the timely scheduling of candidates who have met the minimum employment requirements based upon the recruiter’s interview.
• Responsible for developing relationships with all Team Members to ensure excellent guest service.
• Establishes rapport and works closely with department leaders on recruitment initiatives.
• Ensures all new hires are scheduled for new team member orientation prior to their first scheduled shift.
• Responsible for all internal and external job postings.
• Competent and able to properly utilize all recruitment tools available through the Paycor system.
• Maintains reports on staffing activity and provides to the Human Resources Manager monthly.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with the community and candidate rich organizations such as colleges, culinary schools, and universities.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with Temporary Agencies and monitors performance of candidates used from these agencies.
• Maintains job descriptions and ensures accuracy by conducting job audits as directed by the Human Resources Manager.
• Upon request will work in various positions within the company to develop clear understanding of roles and specific core competencies to assist when recruiting and interviewing.
• Oversees application process and ensures The Mint Core Values are represented in behaviors of those interviewing.
• Required to interview and screen applications of both internal and external candidates.
• Acts as career guide for internal applicants and provides guidance on enhancing interview skills and obtaining necessary experience for desired position.
• To provide BIG Service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction, inclusive of greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset.
• The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors.
• The ability and willingness to ensure that work activities are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
• The ability to work safely. This includes clearly understanding and following company safety policies and procedures, completing work in a safe manner, caring about safety of self and others, responding appropriately in an emergency, and reporting unsafe conditions.
• Maintain regular attendance at scheduled shift and staff meetings.
• Maintain professionalism and a friendly and approachable demeanor throughout the shift.
• Assist with training/mentoring of new team members as requested.
• Maintain all appearance standards in accordance with established uniform and appearance guidelines.
• Inform manager on duty of any irregularities and unusual situations when they occur.
• Ability to keep a friendly, calm, and helpful demeanor in high-stress situations and a continuously fast-paced environment.
• Is honest in all interactions and displays a high degree of integrity.
• Ability to work independently with little to no supervisor or as part of a team is required.
• Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS: Must demonstrate the ability to successfully represent the company and the brand in all interactions. Highly motivated, self-directed and an organized approach to the role is key. Adapts and thrives in a demanding and fast paced environment. Excels in a teamwork setting, handles constructive feedback with a positive attitude.
OTHER DUTIES: The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time to include special projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred.
- 1-2 years of recruitment experience
- Internal candidates must have been in their current position for at least six months and have no active disciplinary action during the last six months.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, this includes day, swing, late-night, weekend, and holiday shifts as scheduled.
- Must be able to obtain required work cards, and non-gaming registration as required by the local jurisdiction.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move in and around the work area throughout the entire workday.
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to repeat the same movements.
- Must be able to engage and interact with all guests appropriately and work well under the pressure of a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to successfully communicate on a regular basis with all co-workers, vendors, and guests both in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to answer all inquiries and provide assistance and information in a professional and accurate manner.
- Must be able to access and interpret information on computer screens.
- Must be able to work in environment where smoking is permitted and can be loud with guest chatter, overhead music, and live entertainment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols and eye hand coordination.