POSITION: IT Administrator
PROPERTY: The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs
REPORTS TO: Director of IT
WHO WE ARE
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs is Kentucky’s premier entertainment destination. The Mint takes pride in giving guests a one-of-a-kind gaming experience, with over 1000 all-new gaming machines, center bar, high-limit room, live horse-racing, simulcast betting, dining and more to come as we expand! The Mint Gaming Hall offers excellent service, fun, and entertainment, located just across the Kentucky state line outside of Nashville off I-65. Join our team and let’s grow together!
Under direct supervision of the Director of IT, provides advanced technical support for all Kentucky Downs LLC computer-based systems; network infrastructures; telecommunications and data communication infrastructures; desktop workstations, operating systems, and desktop applications; backup/recovery systems; and virus control programs and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for deployment of all new PC hardware, printers, and desktop application software.
• Installs and supports productivity tools including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Sage MAS90, etc.
• Performs installs, upgrades and maintenance on servers, workstations, laptops, and printers.
• Monitors current virus threats to ensure network is up to date on needed software.
• Performs backups of business data.
• Maintain ticketing system
• Supports phone system and cell phones.
• Takes initiative to develop and implement solutions to problems that result in a more efficient and cost-effective systems and/or procedures.
• Works with consultants and/or vendors involved in system implementations to ensure compliance with project contracts and to ensure scopes of projects are completed.
• Maintains a spare parts inventory to facilitate timely repair of systems and infrastructures.
• Responsible for being on call for support of critical systems 24 hours per day/7 days per week.
• Provides consultation to users in the selection of appropriate PC and/or printer hardware for their specific application needs.
• Complies with all policies and procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Performs other duties as required.
Must have a minimum of an Associate Degree in Information Technology, MIS or equivalent from an accredited college or university. Bachelor’s Degree preferred bur not required. In lieu of degree, 4+ years of relevant experience will be considered. Industry certifications preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Knowledge of computer science and the methods, techniques, practices, and procedures utilized in computer programming.
• Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of hardware.
• Knowledge of information systems, technologies, and applications.
• Knowledge in basic operation/support of NEC PBX Phone system.
• Knowledge in the support of Revel Point of Sale system.
• Knowledge in all phases of PC hardware setup, configuration, and routine support.
• Knowledge in all phases of desktop system troubleshooting, repair, and problem remediation.
• Must be proficient in basic systems support of Microsoft Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016 Server Operating Systems.
• Must be proficient in the setup and administration of Microsoft Exchange 2010.
• Must be proficient in support, update and administration of Microsoft desktop operating systems including XP, Windows 7, and Windows 10.
• Knowledge in use of various virus control software applications, i.e., ESET VirusScan and Proofpoint Essentials email filter.
• Knowledge in technical support and administration of comprehensive virus control program.
• Knowledge in support and administration of comprehensive backup/recovery procedures.
• Knowledge in supporting data communications infrastructures and related hardware/software.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under stressful conditions, make solid decisions, and exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to isolate system problems quickly and take proper corrective action.
• Ability to understand and translate technical terminology and reports into a clear and logical format.
• Skill in presenting and explaining technical information to others.
• Skill in reviewing and interpreting complex technical documents, manual, journals, and instructions.
• Skill in system troubleshooting and problem-solving.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and gaming setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.