Money Room Attendant
Job title: Money Room Attendant
Place of work: Money Room
Scope and general purpose of job: The money room personnel is responsible for the collection, counting, and balancing of the terminal contents in accordance with the Soft Count procedures.
Responsible to: Money Room Supervisor
- Punctuality: to report for duty 15 minutes before the commencement of the shift.
- Attendance: to maintain the correct level of attendance. Continuous absenteeism will not be tolerated as it affects colleagues and the whole operation.
- Appearance: to maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene at all times in accordance with the procedures and the requirements of the company.
- Cooperation: to cooperate with staff, colleagues, and superiors at all times.
- Communication: to communicate constantly with Money Room Supervisor, other departmental staff, other supervisors, managers, and superiors with regard to matters arising on the floor.
- Security: to maintain close surveillance over the terminal area in order to detect any irregularities on the part of the terminals, patrons, or staff, and any potentially dangerous situations, and report such matters to security and management.
- To assist in floor duties when required.
- To have a complete understanding of the Property’s employee handbook and adhere to the regulation contained within.
- To collect and count the terminal cash drop box and voucher cassettes in a secure manner and in accordance with all relevant procedures.
- To fulfill the position you are allocated by the supervisor in a manner pursuant to the procedures.
- To complete all procedure in a secure manner and according to all procedures.
- To complete the collection and count with accuracy but timely fashion.
- To assist in the transfer of money to the safe area.
- To ensure that the Money Room is clean before leaving.
- To handle with care all trolleys and equipment used during the collection and counting process.
- Undertake limited technical duties under supervision.
- Ensure optimum operation and minimal down time by reporting any malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Money Room equipment operation.
- Responsible and accountable for all keys issued to him/her whilst on duty.
- Must not carry out major technical repairs.
- To ensure high standards of workmanship and enforce the procedures, rules, and policies of the department and the company.
- To help train new Money Room attendants in all procedures as required or directed by superiors.
To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.