Scope and General Purpose:
Works under the guidance of and assists the Controller in preparing and reporting financial information and responsible for a wide variety of job duties in the accounting department.
- Assist Controller with execution of monthly financial close process, including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations (including bank account reconciliations), and other related duties as assigned.
- Communicate with Cage staff regarding taxable reporting requirements
- Prepare tax filings including sales tax, liquor tax, and annual information returns
- Oversee Accounts Payable process
- Prepare and oversee collection of invoices related to company accounts receivable.
- Prepare annual reports/licenses including alcohol license, business license, unclaimed Pari-Mutuel ticket remittance, etc.
- Analyze processes and procedures for improvements
- Enter all miscellaneous revenue, bank transfers, tax payments etc. in Sage Accounting system.
- Maintain Fixed Asset records, including additions, transfers, retirements and depreciation expense.
- A demonstrated positive work attitude and team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1 – 2 years accounting experience desired
- Excellent MS-Office skills (particularly Excel) and keyboarding
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sit or stand for at least 50% of shift time and up to 100% of shift time
- Ability to lift 10-20 pounds