Job Summary: HHR Gaming Attendants are responsible for observing guests within an assigned area of the gaming floor, and to provide assistance when required or requested. Responsibilities include initiating and verifying jackpot payouts, minor repair of historic horse racing terminals, and currency exchange, in accordance with all operational policies and procedures.
- Punctuality to report for duty 15 minutes before the commencement of the shift.
- Attendance: to maintain the correct level of attendance. Continuous absenteeism will not be tolerated as it affects colleagues and the whole operation.
- Appearance: to maintain a high standard of appearance and personnel hygiene maintained at all times in accordance with the procedures and the requirements of the company.
- Cooperation: to cooperate with staff, colleagues and superiors at all times.
- Communication: to communicate constantly with HHR Supervisor, other departmental staff, other supervisors, managers and superiors with regard to matters arising on the floor.
- Security: to maintain close surveillance over the terminal area in order to detect any irregularities on the part of the terminals, patrons, or staff and any potentially dangerous situations, and report such matters to security and management.
- To assist in floor duties when required.
- To have a complete understanding of the Property’s employee handbook and adhere to the regulation contained within.
- Applies positive communication and interpersonal skills with guests (internal & external) at all times.
- Observes and maintains contact with patrons within an assigned section of the gaming floor, and renders assistance as necessary.
- Initiates and verifies jackpot payouts.
- Performs currency exchanges and other cash transactions.
- Performs minor repairs on historic horse racing terminals, including bill validator and printer jams, as needed.
- Maintains excellent grooming and personal conduct according to Kentucky Downs standards.
- Serve and assist customers in the event of a minor malfunction of a terminal but contact required personnel for malfunctions requiring higher technical assistance.
- Ensure optimum terminal operation and minimal terminal down time by reporting any malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of terminal operation.
- Responsible and accountable for all keys issued to him whilst on duty.
- Carry out terminal illumination and appearance checks.