- Punctuality to report for duty 15 minutes before the commencement of the shift.
- Attendance: to maintain the correct level of attendance. Continuous absenteeism will not be tolerated as it affects colleagues and the whole operation.
- Appearance: to maintain a high standard of appearance and personnel hygiene maintained at all times in accordance with the procedures and the requirements of the company.
- Cooperation: to cooperate with staff, colleagues and superiors at all times.
- Communication: to communicate constantly with HHR Supervisor, other departmental staff, other supervisors, managers and superiors with regard to matters arising on the floor.
- Security: to maintain close surveillance over the terminal area in order to detect any irregularities on the part of the terminals, patrons, or staff and any potentially dangerous situations, and report such matters to security and management.
- To have a complete understanding of the property’s employee handbook and adhere to the regulation contained within.
- To assist in floor duties when required.
- Evaluate machines which fail to hold approved percentages or which fail to reach expectations.
- Perform minor and major repairs on Historical Horse Racing Machines, scheduled and un-scheduled.
- Examine all gaming related equipment for evidence of cheating and mechanical malfunctions.
- Keep complete records listing repairs of department equipment in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Keep all lines of communication open, regarding duties.
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure maximum machine performance.
- Move and install gaming devices as needed.
- Serve and assist customers in the event of a major malfunction of a terminal.
- Attend to bill or voucher jams or other failures of the terminals.
- Ensure optimum terminal operation by reporting and rectifying any malfunctions quickly.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of terminal technical issues.
- To ensure that any work done meets with the manufacturers minimum requirements. This includes the assembling and disassembling of equipment in strict accordance with diagrams and manuals.
- Responsible and accountable for all keys issued to him whilst on duty
- To remain informed of new technical evolution regarding terminal repairs and spares.
- To ensure high standards of workmanship and enforce the procedures, rules and policies of the department and the company.
- To train new technicians in all procedures as required or directed by superiors.
- To accurately record problems or situations at the terminals, in terms of repairs, maintenance and spare stock levels.
- To conduct periodic stock takes of spare parts and components for terminals and auxiliary equipment.
- To have a complete knowledge of casino amenities available to customers.
- To diplomatically deal with floor issues when requested.
- At all times to be polite and pay attention to customers needs.
- To create a friendly, helpful and welcoming atmosphere.
- To answer promptly any calls for assistance from patrons and assist them in any way possible relating to the playing of terminals on malfunctions.
- Deal with floor disputes and complaints in a diplomatic and professional manner and refer any unsettled disputes to the HHR Supervisor and HHR Director.